Saturday, April 1, 2017

Reborn



Lanzarote Landschaft retro I
Photo Credit: penjelly Flickr via Compfight cc


Reborn


I saw it this morning.
A turf of grass.
My shoes were muddy
when I got home.
Could it be true?
They say
this is where the river was.
She was wild and capricious.
She flooded the fields every spring.
Flowers grew here
and weeping willows.
Nobody remembers those days.
It is hard to believe now,
when you look at this barren land.
The legend says she is still here.
That she has gone underground.
Some people claim they have heard
the roaring from within.
It is believed she will resurface one day.
Could this be it?
If I dig a hole deep enough,
will I be able to set her free?


GloPoWriMo 2017, Day 1
2017 April PAD, Day 1

1 comment:

  1. Really nice rhyme near the end and I like the photo!

    https://goo.gl/by1X8u

    ReplyDelete