Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Old Witch's Mare



Did you say,,,Cheese?
Photo Credit: LadyDragonflyCC - >;< via Compfight cc


I am proud to say that I was the featured poet for Day 21  on the NaPoWriMo website with The Old Witch's Mare.



The Old Witch’s Mare


I am the mother of dragonhorses.
My children can fly into the clouds and over the sky.
No man can keep me.
I have flown with eagles and run with wolves.
So you fell asleep and lost me?
You knew that would happen.
Look under water, maybe I have grown gills.
Maybe I am hiding with foxes or sleeping with bears.
Maybe those are my eyes lurking in the dark.
You have found me twice already, but
you can’t keep running after me forever.
What kind of life would that be?
Sooner or later you will lose me again
and that will be your head on the stake.


GloPoWriMo Day 21

(This poem was inspired by Gold Apple and Nine Peacocks.)

11 comments: