Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Shadow





The Shadow


Science is clear
on this one:
I am not a giant
or a superhero.
My shadow may be dark,
but it does not reflect
any inner darkness.
It has no free will.
Science claims
there are no monsters
or mythical beings.
I am safe from my shadow,
science says.
I would have known this myself
if I had paid attention
in class
instead of scribbling poetry
on the margins of my textbook
and composing little tunes
in my head.

NaPoWriMo 2015 Day 16
2015 April PAD Challenge, Day 15

2 comments:

  1. A positive poem.....yes, we should be like you, free from our shadows. From the NaPoWriMO blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Michelle. It isn't always easy for us to be free from our shadow, even when our mind tells us otherwise.

      Delete