Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Other Woman



Photo Credit: F. C. Photography via Compfight cc

She doesn't know how to weave.
She doesn't know how to sing.
She has no stories.
She will not go to horrible places
for you.
She can’t play hide-and-seek.
Surely she will run to you
when you call her name.
Surely she will give a sign
that she is there.
Surely she will not sit in the darkness,
all by herself,
and wait for you
to learn your lesson.





It is Day 15 in NaPoWriMo and I have used the April PAD prompt for today, which is to write either a love poem or a hate poem. I am not sure which category this one falls into, but I know I owe it to Jan Blake, who is a professional storyteller. The poem is my reaction to one of the stories she told us at a teacher conference I attended. When I grow up, I want to be Jan Blake.

As a very special bonus today, I have for you a video of Jan in a storytelling conference. Enjoy!



International Storytelling Conference (2013) The Power of Storytelling - Jan Blake from İhlas Koleji on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment