Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Did I Do This?


Photo Credit: onkel_wart (thomas lieser) via Compfight cc

Did I do this? 
Did the windows break
when I dreamt of storms?
Did the paint start peeling
that time I overslept?
Did I neglect details
in my visions of you?
Did you crumble 
while waiting for me to notice
the misplaced brick,
the crude carpentry,
the lack of structure, 
the failure to keep it all
under control? 
Or was it my inflated ego
that made me believe 
I was a builder?




Photo Credit: Ian Sane via Compfight cc

Well, it is Day 16 in NaPoWriMo and today I am not using a prompt. Just thinking about my country house and worrying about the state it will be in when we go there for the first time after this long cold winter. We were planning to go on Friday, but it is pouring with rain, so we might postpone the trip. Not happy.

2 comments:

  1. This is my favourite interpretation of the 20 questions prompt that I've seen so far, Natasa. Really great sense of voice in the piece too!

    ReplyDelete